Saturday, 23 December 2017

Christmas madness



WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO YOU?




Everyone keeps asking me, while I find myself living in South East Asia, to be persist in Cambodia, where local people has no idea about it and the idea they are getting is very wry and wrong. 
As American culture is taking over and "Starbucks" is THE place to be, I find myself feeling angry, sad and helpless.
My answer is 'TIME FOR FAMILY' That special closeness to every single family member, that magic jolly feeling in the air- happiness, but it's not just daily happiness, it's gratefulness, more likely, appreciation for what you got and the greatest thing we got is the FAMILY.

Nowadays I find myself very disappointed with people, who makes it into some kinda social event, consumers celebration, the opportunity to buy tons of crap, to play the game of who will get a better gift, or throws the best dinner party.
More glitter, more bling bling, more sales, more chocolate, more more more..
It makes me depressed and super lonely. I am not a big Christian myself, but does anyone really remember what is Christmas after all, why do people actually celebrates it.. what happened on THE day..
No, no one stops, no one thinks, no one realises, because everyone is too busy standing in the queue for one more unnecessary STUFF.

I don't want to buy gifts to every single colleague, because I am in this happy(mad) state of gifting everyone some STUFF they don't need, and I don't want to eat the chocolate cake while I'll be sick, and I don't want to buy STUFF, because is Christmas sales, and I don't need my Christmas tree to be the biggest in the neighborhood.

I find myself living in Cambodia and consuming so little, I don't need new shoes, I don't need new dress, I don't need one more perfume, cup, teapot all I NEED is NOTHING. I am surviving just fine without all that STUFF..

So I have decided to spend Christmas far from home and my family, don't get me wrong is the conscious decision after loosing the Grandad (the head of the family) my childhood magical Christmas is gone and I can't put my head around it to be sitting by the same table and not having him on my right (as we always had our own seats, every single year the same ones) and this year there is no Grandma either.. I know, I am locked in my childhood magical Christmas memories and I want to stay there.

So Merry Christmas Everyone! 

*Maybe stop for a second and ask yourself WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO YOU!?

No comments:

Post a Comment